Monday, March 21, 2016

You are Beautiful. Yes I am

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. DO YOU BELIEVE THAT? PERHAPS YOU NEED TO BE TOLD MORE OFTEN. HEAR IT EVERYDAY.  
             
How different would my life be if I had someone beside me to tell me he loved me and I was beautiful. I wouldn’t have someone who hurt me. I’m strong enough to know that now. I’m strong enough to attract someone strong. I’m strong enough to wake up everyday and tell myself I’m beautiful.

I’m strong enough to know that it’s missing in my life, the positive affirmations that I’m beautiful and awesome. That I’m loved for being me from the outside. I know I am but I don’t hear it.

So I could either sit here and wait for something to come along. Which I will have to do, but waiting takes so long. So I need another plan until “Mr. Awesome” shows up. I need to believe that every time a friend says hello, they’re saying “You’re awesome” and just because they’re silent doesn’t mean the opposite. 

I need to know that I am weakened a bit not to be hearing, feeling, love from the outside but that I can replace it now that I know it’s missing. Every time I sing, write a poem, or smile, I am telling myself I’m worth it and that I’m awesome.  

Every time the poem gets more complicated or the songs gets harder I’m taking chances on myself. I’m learning to get better.


So I’m off to thinks of ways to tell myself “I Love You.” And remind myself "I’m awesome..." Feel free to list the way’s I’ve missed below.


No comments:

Post a Comment