Saturday, January 30, 2016

Soul Knight



I wish I could remember my dreams
Because I know you were there
I never had my knight in shining armour
but that armour I wore deep into the night

There was a reason, there's always a reason
Little tip toes on the top of my soul
The words I share on the paper
Have scared you too many times

I just jumped the octave
Like a child in a bouncy castle
Making up songs; making up
This life as I go along

I wish I could hear your voice
Because I know you are very close
You can be my knight in shining armour
If I let my guard, my armour down

There was a reason, there's always a reason
Little tip toes on the top of my soul
By the words I put on the paper
I have been scared too many times

So I jump the nightmare
A gazelle from the teeth of the lion
I fall again in exhaustion

A child in a bouncy castle


No comments:

Post a Comment