Saturday, December 26, 2015

Hello

My eyes must have been closed
Did you leave in my sleep?
Did I trust you would be there
When I woke up?

What part of your heart died
So you could walk away?

There were too many miles
To break my heart
We weren't face to face yet
But a friendship ended
That was still a little child.

Smiles and tears
On a tender heart
That enjoyed the sound of
Your music
Your poems
The inside of your imagination

But piano keys never die
I only heard me play our song
We never put our heads on each others
Shoulders. Except that once
In my dream.

Are you still alive
Are you still feeling after all this mess
You've been warned you can't
Break my ...

Holes in a Swiss cheese moon
The reflection of the earth
Are just ponds of darkness
Your magic and kindness
Has left the room harsh and cold

Perhaps you forgot how well you made me laugh

Perhaps what we collected over the months
Was nothing more than
Perhaps perhaps perhaps
Are all the words that are
Left over like garbage

You have my tears
But not my heart
You may have had my friendship
With a shielded heart
This hello still believes in love

No comments:

Post a Comment