Saturday, April 11, 2015

Melting Snow

The snow below

Like my broken heart

Will stop falling

On the broken glass

Along the coast line

I swear I saw her fly,

Over all the troubles and

Along the broken coastline

I swear I saw you walk

The miles it took to live your life

And not be scared

Maybe I'm afraid to live alone, despite
,

That's how I live my life.

Maybe I'll see that I'm not alone, really,

I won't be so scared.

But I know I saw you smile

I know I saw you fly

Like a humming bird high

The blue sky and white cloud shadows

There are very few things

That would bring me to my knees

But it won't be this

It won't hurt worse

Than the heartlessness

I've chosen to live

I'll land on that tree

And really find my heart

Full of whispering leaves

The broken snow melted away

We'll be free again

No comments:

Post a Comment