Thursday, March 19, 2015

Move the River

not my photo
I needed the wind to move the river
I needed it's breath to make me shiver
I needed earths skin to touch mine
I needed my love to cross over time

 
His hands on my dancing hips
Taking off the wedding dress
Kissing my wounded lips
Finding love after all this mess

 
I never did give love to a man I didn't love
But I hurt as loved walked away
I never did find the heart above
All other hearts that wanted me to stay

 
Always blamed myself for being wrong
But maybe after all this time I was right
Maybe I was the river that was running strong
Maybe all the while I had this ocean in my sight

 
I needed the wind to move the river
I needed it's breath to make me shiver
I needed earths skin to touch mine
I needed my love to cross over time

No comments:

Post a Comment