Sunday, March 1, 2015

Hotel Paris


um not my photo



When I dream, I dream in schools
And assignments
I don't yearn for Paris,
Don't ache to go,
I'm happy in here
The more nights I dream

But here I am in Paris
Just down the street
From the bells of Notre Dame
And the lights from the eclectic skies
Shine down on me

When I dream, I dream in exams
I work to be right
But I'm never right
Not in dreams
Examiner says
Says "all words are wrong."

But here I am in Paris
Yearning for love,
Aching for marriage,
I'm happy in here
In the heart

Here I am in Paris
Holding your hand
Hearing the bells of Notre Dame
And the lights from your eyes
Shine down on me

Memories of books I read
Words of history books, French texts
And that novel...
The word Paris falling off my tongue

Memories of walking through
Countries alone
To walk the streets see museums and
Eat simple meals without butter or flour

I hear Paris without out the tastes of chocolates at Valentines
Without a love that will lead to children and my own family
Without the hope of strawberry's and whip cream in a hotel in Paris

SO There is a hotel in Paris
Empty tonight
I sit with my dreams
And hold hands with the stars
Of the sky I know
Finding myself
In here

No comments:

Post a Comment