Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Sea Glass

not my photo
After two days
Of powerful energy
Comes a day of weakness
Fall on my knees
Admit defeat

Just a day
Though
Just a day
For tomorrow
I will
Be strong again

Over bottle caps
And broken glass
Rubbed against the sea

Through the air
Breathed by lords and ladies
Ticking with time
Love the only counter

After 16 years
Of great fighting
Wars against
My own soul
I admit defeat
And victory
All at once

Fall if only
To rise again
I will rise
Be strong again

Over sandy beaches
Water warn
Calluses against the sea

Over fields
Of chirping crickets
Symphonies
Pushing me along

After decades
The heart rests
A day or two

Let it know
The ticking of its own
Its own voice

Let your heart sing
Let each vibrato
Echo through
Your small apartment
Let your voice
Caress your soul

Over bottle caps
And broken glass
Rubbed against the sea

Over sandy beaches
Water warn
Calluses against them all



No comments:

Post a Comment