Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Woman like Me

Once up on time
On the street in b’town
Rivers of roses
Bloomed in my front yard

I watched the roses in the mall
But, I had my own
In my front yard
Like pedaled rainbows

They grow like a path
For him to follow
And he sees me
Sees my thorns and my flowers

Let his love
Love a woman like me
Bring him home
To my arms

I put my fingers in his
Our palms touch
Everybody’s been there before
But him and me together

Let the words
Grow like a path
And let me rest
My illusions of love

Let his love
Love a woman like me
Bring him home
To my arms

He found me
He found me
And the blood from the thorns
Are the red of the roses

I wish I could
Remember
Of how beautiful we were
At that moment

Our faith in each other
The sun setting
The fireflies
Not afraid of the city

Let his love
Love a woman like me
Bring him home
To my arms

We were the children
Of folk and poetry
Even in our kisses
We remain the innocents

He reaches me
Even though I am
Torn and tossed
In love

He found me
He found me
And the blood from the thorns
Are the red of the roses

Once up on time
On the street in b’town
He loved
A woman like me

No comments:

Post a Comment