Monday, June 9, 2014

Char lee & Mee

For a moment
Just a moment
I looked for advice
From everyone but me
All the pissy little lies
And fears of other people
So afraid that you’d be bad
I only heard
From other people
Call you a little Shit
Call you disease filled
I doubted all the good in you
I kept you locked in a cage
In the night
Rather than let you out
Rather than touch you
They asked me if you were good
And I said no
SO many people said
You should die
Nothing more
Nothing less
And I could struggle enough against the shit
To hand you over to someone else
She saw your beauty
Beyond just saving
And into loving arms
And I hunger to hear her stories
About how kind you can be
And everything worked out
The way it needed to be
But I’m sorry
I doubted
Your beauty
Your Love


For a moment
Just a moment
I looked to others
To see who I am
All the pissy little misconceptions
And fears of other people
So afraid that I’d be bad
I only heard
From other people
Call me a little Shit
Call me disease filled
I doubted all the good in me
I kept me locked in a cage
In the night
Rather than let me out
Rather than touch
They asked me if I was good
And I said no
So many people said
You should die
Nothing more
Nothing less
And I could struggle enough against the shit
To keep myself alive
But that was it
Never saw my beauty
Kept myself wrapped up
In antidepressants
And the hunger of another Oreo
Adding to the wrapping
Keep me hidden and in layers
I am beautiful
But I’m sorry
I doubted
My beauty
My Love

No comments:

Post a Comment