Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Today in Paris

not my photo :(
Today in Paris
Dirty old Paris
- At least that’s what people try to tell me
So I don’t want to visit there
Don’t want to travel that way

But
Today in the Paris
The Paris of my mind
I am paddling down the river
To my heart

I see lemons trees
Along the bank
I can only smell the sour
Taste the tart

Just a little more time to go
into myself
Just a little more time to ride
The river that runs to my heart
The present
Just felt like yesterday

Lemons fall
Leave time to write on the skin
With indentations of the present
Tattoos of the mind

Remember me on your skin
This is who I am
My lover says my hair is not washed
We woke up strangers

Down the river’s
Of the sweet Paris
I pick a real word
A word like my heart

The only way to read
The tattoo
Is with fire

I hold it
In my soul
And cradle it with love
This dirt
This sour
This heart

Just a little more time to go
into myself
Just a little more time to ride
The river that runs to my heart

The present
Just felt like yesterday
Or the day before

Today in Paris
Dirty old Paris


No comments:

Post a Comment