Saturday, January 18, 2014

Angel Skin

I touched you
Your skin
You’re an angel

We’ve never burnt ourselves
With love
Never scared by a marriage
A miscarriage

There’s a little bit of light
A glow from your hair
I bit and we
Burned together

Now we bury you on Wednesday
My darling
You and your fire

One more moon in my hand
One more candle breaks the hearts
Of lovers
Still
Alone

I followed the night
Into the shadowed forest
And the bright lights danced

Angles lighting candles
For those who have died
“You can see us
If you believe” they sang
And I only believed more

Followed the chorus sounds
Deep into the woods
The moaning of the violin
The ting of the harp

The wind through the trees
The angles singing
The song they had created
For my grandmother
When she was born

Now we bury you on Wednesday
My darling
You and your fire

You touched me
My skin
In 197-
Now I’m alive

I can see

The angels

No comments:

Post a Comment