Thursday, October 24, 2013

Ripe, (it's time the words in my head were mine)

a freefall

If I look left I see you out my window
Coming up the drive

What could we do
Other than
Be
Here
There’s got to be
A million other
Lives to lead
 
Kissing ripe lips
Time to fly away
I live this lie
On my own
By myself
 
I’ll write about singing
In and out of tune
Because that’s the way
My pitch rocks
It’s who I am
And is beautiful
And I’ll show
The world when I get
The confidence
 
Pause for a break here
Pause to see me realize
I am confidence
I must keep going forward
Pause to see me stand up and keep writing
 
We should sing in harmony
Play piano to the setting sun
Each star a special note
And when they twinkle
They sing your favorite song
 
Kissing ripe lips
Time to fly away
I live this lie
On my own
By myself
 
let the wind push you like you were a leather sail
Turn the keys till they cry
I can’t cry
I’m not allowed anymore
Not like I want to
 
Kissing ripe lips
Time to fly away
See the world
Is with me
Turning alone
The sky

No comments:

Post a Comment