Sunday, September 8, 2013

I've been up since 4 am rant


So I’m doing NaNoWriMo this year, and I guess you’re allowed to work on your stories before November, well a person can work on their own Novel whenever they want I guess. It’s still floating between a novel and a screen play but right now it’s "just outlines" so it’s in that stage of “it will be whatever it wants to be.”

I put the story board as a three act structure on the wall and put plot points under each space. I’ve been doing thousand word free falls and bought special Metallic sharpies (and one black one) to do outlining and pages of dialogue. I wish I had written down what day I started this all. Today I sat down and wrote two rough draft pages. It’s still in the outline stage, but I actually feel emotions as I write it. It makes me feel good to sit down and write.

I was up at 4:30 this morning after all that I worked through yesterday and all that I wanted to get done today.

“What does one do at 4 am on a Sunday morning?”… clean and rearrange the house of course, watch Tini run from one side of the apartment to the other… I hope we didn’t wake anyone else, but this probably equals out somewhere between fight night up stairs and basement cat downstairs.

Last weekend I started to watch Adam Sandler movies which led to Reign Over Me today. I don’t finish movies, like ever, even my favorites I watch in two or three installments but I am really taken by Reign. It was recommended I watch Silver Linings Playbook for their portrayal of Depression and Mental Illness. I didn’t connect with Cooper or Lawrence but boy do I get Charlie I’m watching the trailer now and wishing there was still time tonight to finish watching it right now.

That led to two pages of what is being called “sail” because the song has the intensity I want the story to have.

On my first day of JR High, my friends came back from an amazing trip to a desolate island where they lived for six months. I had the low female self esteem that they talk about on TV when they talk about women at that age. I thought it was a gift not to talk to him. I didn't want people to think he was my friend, I did not want him to feel as isolated as I did from everyone else. That was like the last time we sat together. So I took what I should have said  then and twisted it to have my two main characters talk about what it’s like not to fit in, and they get each other. 
I want so much to post the little piece, but I know the more I get to know these two, the stronger that meeting will become. But they have that moment that I never had with my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment