Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Rehearsal

 
                                                                                                                                                                                                      
I’ll build a little fire
Until the love comes on
I’ll do a little soft shoe
Until the music plays
 
I’ll dress in reds and yellows
Until the world starts to see
Even though the audience chosen
Is empty seats and dusted doorways
 
I’ll dress in beads and flappers best
Around my painted legs
With a beaded flower
Planted freely in my hair
 
I’ll look out across the expanse
Where the exit sign has fallen
And project my silent voice
Into the must and graffiti of my mind
 
I’ll put the cigarette in the holder
Light its smoke up to the ceiling
And then a trickle of light
Over me and a stool
 
I’ll build a little fire
Until the love comes on
I’ll do a little soft shoe
Until the music plays
 
And I’ll start my little show

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment