Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Silent Bones



A future- my future; I saw it for certain, or thought I saw it. It’s been 30 years since I started putting bits of who I wanted to be and what I wanted to do together. And when you’re young you see things that aren’t there, I mean, they’re in your mind yes, and when you’re sitting all alone in your bedroom they seem real and everyone tells you they’re possible, but when you open your eyes, they never happened.

When something does happen even a glimpse of something you panic and get excited and believe that it’s the answer to all you’re looking for that this one creaky door, tipping open will lead to a hall way of doors opening, that this one little creak is the answer.

That’s what my training in imagination has been for, stay young, stay that child dream out loud, dream in lights and colour, believe in the marquee and the novel with your name written on it four or five times; on the front and back covers.

When you live by yourself that’s the way it happens, no one sees it but you; it’s as real as you want it to be. It’s as quiet when it doesn’t come true. 
I'm editing the crap out of this little piece, if you look at the first page of "The Sweet Hereafter" you'll see many things that are similar... but as I'm editing it, I wanted to keep this copy, there's something about it I like

.

No comments:

Post a Comment