Friday, March 30, 2012

Orchid


I want to read “The Orchid Thief.” I know, the movie “adaptation” happened 10 years ago and I’ve wanted to see it since it came out, and I’ve owned it for a year, so tonight, realizing I really had no idea what it was about I watched it. It was like I was having a date with myself. I laughed out loud and cheered for the characters; the end was a little wonky but I loved the beginning.

I have a copy of "a cargo or orchids" does that count?

I got off work before lunch and started reading the “navigation log” cause I’m working on a war story and I was drawn to something historical and that led to starts and stops of writing all afternoon to the point where I was exhausted even after 3 cups of coffee today.

I’m haunted by no longer wanting to live life as it comes, but start to put an effort into things I want to happen, which I think I am always working on, but today that want became a desire. Next stop passion.

I want to read “and no birds sang.”

I preformed a written from scratch story at a fund raiser and for world story telling day. I told a story of a woman in a man’s world, who builds her house for 1 dollar and with one tree. There were three days of telling. I didn’t tell the first day or the third day. There was some wacky intuition for the third day I said weeks ahead of time that I couldn’t tell in the old theatre, I did summer theatre in as a child, in the room named after my favorite author, or his brother or one of them, and that day and the day before I was crazy sick.

We had tea (and scones) as part of the fund raiser and we talked about Farley Mowat’s story of his time in the war in Italy. I’m a bit of a history buff so this interests me. I just don’t have an independent bookstore to walk to and ask them to order it for me.

I want to read all thousand some pages of the Sherlock Holmes collection because it’s there and on my e reader and I want to understand how to writers took what Doyle wrote and made it modern and their own.

I want to stay up all night and eat mangos and type nonsense into the computer, because I’m feeling a little bit freer today.

2 comments:

  1. the library laoch, I need to go to the library for these books, much better on the budget.

    ReplyDelete