Tuesday, March 27, 2012

No Rehearsal


I wanted to be a TV Character. I was brought up on smart-alec lead characters who knew everything, had great comic timing, had great adventures and had great interviews.



I wanted to walk into a room, assess the situation, get it right and not make mistakes. I thought I could do that. Imagine my surprise when in a meeting this week I was told other people didn’t agree with me. I wasn’t sure how to handle it, if maybe I would get fired for being wrong. Who knows maybe I will, but I took a deep breath and thought, I know a boundary.

For 30 years I’ve acted; was sure I was, a TV character. Perhaps that’s why I thought I deserved my Oscar, I was doing such a good job. Now I need to look at the world like I am a real person.



I can't imagine lovin me is easy with this style of life, there must be such distance and confusion to those looking in on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment