Wednesday, August 17, 2011

moving forward and standing still


A year ago I said I’d give the new position at work a year,see if I want to stay.

I said I wasn’t going to move unless I went back to the city. In July I had an offer for a great apartment, surrounded by trees, a place for flowers, little back yard, back deck open concept I put on offer in and got it right away, I was exactly what they were looking for.

When I was accepted I thought, ‘well I guess I’m staying in B’town for a while.’

In the past couple weeks I’ve taken my friends and my job more seriously there’s a bunch of us who are ok with staying here when before we wanted to move.

We’re moving forward and standing still at the same time.

So I’m packing my stuff, you can collect a lot of stuff in five years. When I lived in the city I only kept what you could toss in the back of a truck and go from one bachelor apartment to another. But I’ve moved in here, I have stuff that makes me feel like home.

If I knew I had that much stuff that needed to be packed I might have thought twice, but I’m glad I didn’t because every fiber in my being says this is the right thing to do. I wanted a sign, and things are starting to fall into place and feel right.


No comments:

Post a Comment