Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Silence of the Day


I like the way Thomas Harris weaves in Valentine’s Day in the start of Silence of the Lambs. The murderer missed his lover so much that he would sit and read Valentines to his severed head. Dr Lecter said this information would be a great Valentine’s Day gift for Starling as February 14 was just around the corner.

I don’t remember the movie very much, I saw it when it came out on video 20 years ago, sister Duncan and I had the house to ourselves so we went to the local video store and they let us rent it. We had to see it, everyone was talking about it.

I started reading it last night. I asked on Facebook if it was bad that this book was calming me down.

A lot of crazy shit went down yesterday.

It affected me greatly and through it all I sat down with a book and let it all work itself out in the background. I found a way to calm myself and face today strong and willing to get people to help me with the excel mistakes I had made yesterday.

And today I was strong enough to go for my run.

Seeing the pictures make me want to watch the movie as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment