Saturday, May 7, 2011

You Can Read That Too


I’d like to take a moment to thank my parents and teachers for letting me read anything I want. For telling us how bad it is to censor a person’s reading. They let me choose whatever I want, whether there is swearing, sex or the occasional cannibalism (if you haven’t read “The Road” yet get to it). I’ve learned never to tell a person not to read a book. There are many books that have upset me emotionally or books that the writing style frustrated me, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t passed them along to people who are interested with nothing more than a simple explanation as to why I stopped.

Here’s to being conscious about what I tell people not to do.

A little Ghost Dance

3 comments:

  1. As Thomas Jefferson said, "I cannot live without books." We should all be like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an experience to have someone tell you "you can't read a book." I love my freedom and love my books.

    ReplyDelete