Sunday, January 9, 2011

Like a Toddler


It’s been a long week. I’ve started focusing on some of the things I want to accomplish this year. I went to the bank and made an appointment to open up a separate savings account to save and store and keep me from the needless spending of money. It’s opening up some money demons; I have a lot of stuff to take care of like moving the main account to B’town instead of the big city, cutting another tie.

I started keeping track of my spending and now instead of impulse buying I’m making a list of things that I want and walking away. I can then decide at the end of the month what I want. I have a long list, and I feel like a toddler having a temper tantrum. I can’t believe I’m not letting myself have the cute necklaces, the big plush heart cushion, the book that Oprah talks about and oh I do want things…

I’m making a Dr’s appointment tomorrow, to talk about the constant feeling cold, I don’t want to self diagnose and need a professional opinion, plus my emotions went on a roller coaster ride, and have been following a pattern, I know why, but if I can stop it or control it, it will be good.

I played with my e-book, I’m not sure if I’m ready to pay for a book online (there’s one on the list) and try to figure out how to get it in the little thing, but I downloaded some free books. I now have a Kindle app a Kobo app and the Ereader download all on my computer. Interesting little toy.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes self imposed discipline is a good thing. I know I need it too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived many months paycheck to paycheck, I haven't had to in B'town, so I've let myself be spoiled, there are new priorities now, and I have enough toys for a while. It's very new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here because of your comment on Laoch's site. I wish you luck with the financial self discipline you are imposing; it is a very wise step. Since you spoke there (on Laoch's site) about depression (also a big issue for me), I want to emphasize that in my experience running out of money because of careless spending is a real red flag. You are behaving very wisely.

    ReplyDelete