Saturday, January 22, 2011

Life Itself Excites Them.

I was happy this week to see her friend request in my mail box. She had denied my Facebook request. I worked two years with her husband at the museum and she was my TA first year university. We did hang out on Friday night pay nights. She still does theatre and works with children. Surrounded by kids learning to express themselves and explore their imagination. Kids whose life itself excites them.

I’ve discovered her posts are life tidbits that make me smile.

This week was busy. There is over time to be done and a friend of mine lost her mom.

My tasks at home feel like things I have to do and they are squeezed in one after the other. This one line reminded me that I fill my life with things I love to do, and people who make my life greater. I cook the food I love, the piano makes me smile and I love to read and write. But do I get excited by life itself? Do I remember I do these things because I enjoy them or have they just become tasks I do every day?




Note Jim Pittman was a cook on the ships and gave me a great life opportunity the year I graduated high school. I can't be positive it 's "my jim" in this song but his words and music could be heard across the country.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty certain you don't take much for granted. Your introspection bubbles out in the most delightful way.

    ReplyDelete