Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goals For 2011


I want to do stuff with the photo club.
I will keep running, writing, singing and reading.
I want to take one day at a time and see what it brings, not be limited by a schedule or routines.
Learn how to shop for groceries more efficiently.
I want to learn how to put a little bit of money away.
I will keep looking for a place that will allow cats.
I will keep assessing my future and how to make it more creative and more stable.
I want to make a collection of poetry/stories/ pictures that I can give to my family as Christmas presents in December.
I want to go see live performances.
I want to see old friends who live "far" away.
I want to join up with writers in B’town.
I want to keep up with blogging and reading blogs.
I want to keep growing and keep dreaming.
I want as many things to come at me and surprise me and challenge me as I go after.
I’m going to be ok with who I am, even if I’m “still single” I will not consider it a failure. (It angers me that I think like that sometimes.)
I want to continue to partner up with people who have passions like me, who understand why I do things and push me to be better.
I want to strengthen the relationships I have now.
I want to be better with money, to be better at my job, to be better with my heart.
I don’t want a person or a job to make me cry as much as I did this year. Even though I believe I had a few years of crying to catch up on.
As per KM Weiland I will write the end on some of the short stories I’ve started this year.

5 comments:

  1. These are not mine, but I love them, and they don't have to be about writing.

    Learn to Say ‘No’–This is something I preach, but very rarely follow. I tend to take on too much because I say ‘yes’ to every writing project that comes my way. In 2011, I’m going to take a step back and really evaluate each writing project as a whole before I commit to it.

    Discover True Passions–One reason I take on too much is because I’m interested in so many different things. A fear I have is limiting myself and getting stuck doing something I hate. So I often have more things going on than I can really handle. In 2011, I’m going to make it my business to discover what I’m truly passionate about so I can focus on those areas and let go of everything else.

    Choose Quality Over Quantity–In the past I thought it was a good idea to have lots of things going on, that way I never got bored. But in the past, this has also led me to take on too much. In 2011, I’m only going to work on the writing projects that are related to my passions and my life goals. I’m going to aim for simplicity in my writing life, so I am able to get more of the important things done.

    Jennifer Blanchard

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you lived close enough, I would offer to help you with #4. Good luck with your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) You are good at that aren't you? Maybe I'll start with a layout like yours. My sister says she can do 20 dollars a week, but I can't can't be limited to rice all week. I spend an exponential amount per week.

    Just that comment gives me a little more faith that it's do able. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lists, good luck and Happy New Year!
    The true passion one is a keeper for me too.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list. I've been a hermit a little bit too much lately. Live performances sound good.

    ReplyDelete