Sunday, November 21, 2010

Breathe


Robert David Bretz


It’s the oldest one in the book. Follow your heart. But which voice is the heart?

I needed to scrape away all the other voices. What my friends said, the voice that said reach out and grab it and don’t let go till it’s yours and you have what’s in your head. The low self esteem that says I’m not worth it and that I’m a freak; the good kind though. The voice that said I'm being laughed at when I reach out; a voice that’s being healed by friends.

The voice of my heart has always been there, out in front of the others. Through all the chaos it’s remained constant. Take care of myself, and take care of those around me in the process. Share what I’ve learned, listen to what others say and love.

I take care of myself and take care of my friends as if they were me, I don’t use them and I’m honest with them. We like each other for who we are.

And that’s me. I feel much better.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment