Friday, September 10, 2010

Mish Mash Of Thoughts


Last night I was checking Facebook and Michael Kaeshammer, was playing in Winnipeg. Trust me that’s a few days walk from here. I thought: “If I were rich I would book a flight, and spend the weekend there, take in a concert, and do some exploring.”

I guess it’s relevant because there are things that I want to do. I want to be able to see good music again, to see other cities. There’s a goal I can reach for I guess. There’s a need to get away, see something new. Not know the area I’m in like the back of my hand. Be in a place where I need to be fully awake to walk through it. That way I don’t get lost, I won’t miss something, because I will probably never be down that street again.

My friend’s status is “London and Tea with the Queen,” now whether she’s having tea with the Queen or not, I don’t know, but her job takes her all over the world. I guess when I was little, and deciding what I wanted to be when I grew up, I didn’t realize that a job could take you all over the world. I always saw it as something you needed to do on your own. I didn’t think studying law would lead to something so exciting.

My jobs, have given me great opportunities to do what I needed to do, and find pieces of me that were locked up. But there’s always the future. Until then, I’ll see if I can whittle a vacation week out of my boss before October.

4 comments:

  1. This time clouds is not blue but still pretty. I love the color of the clouds in this photo.

    http://www.jnjmilestones.com/2010/09/looking-at-sky-on-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought I wrote this yesterday, so i wrote another one tonight and can't be bothered to wait until tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. an overwhelmingly beautiful capture here!

    ReplyDelete