Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Go Forward


The next step is believing enough in myself to go forward in my job and in my life, to work towards not just making it through the day, not just doing the job and passing through the life that is presented to me, but living it to the fullest. To be aware and make deccisions.

In August they told me I was good enough to get a promotion. That it hasn’t happened yet does not make me any less worthy.

They put the e-mail team on the phones because we needed to make service level and got someone at night to do our e-mails. We all took it personally. Although it hurt, it didn’t make me any less of a person. It doesn’t mean all that has happened to get me to this point was taken away from me.

Just because I don’t have the new position yet doesn’t mean that I didn’t put all the effort into the interview. I was told I was very well prepared for the interview and that I did a good job. It doesn’t mean that all the information about past jobs and what I learned from them is any less. It doesn’t mean I can’t use that information again when I need it. It doesn’t stop me from planning the future.

I am still that person who was trusted enough to get the promotion. I’m still that person who was given the position on the e-mail team. I am still worthy, they can’t take the real me away. I’m still the person who has spent the last ten years working hard to get here. I can still be trusted and promoted.

Whether the past was a success or a failure I learned from it and it made me who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment