Friday, September 10, 2010

And Another Chance to Grow Up


I’ve been thinking about doing it for a while now.

Every time I open my locker, shit pour out of it. It’s a big locker and today I realized it held more than I thought. I knew there were some papers from the program that ended two and a half years ago and a few pay stubs, but there was so much more. There must have been a hundred sheets of paper piled in a nice little pile. Two pairs of shoes, one pair I knew was there because I wear them in the winter time after I take my boots off, or if my sneakers are wet, the other pair I totally forgot I owned. Three bottles of hand sanitizer, one was empty. Two umbrellas, a colouring book, a Sudoku book (that’s actually not mine; and I suck at them). Then there was all the stuff that I kept, the universal studios sweater because my body temperature mirrors that of a snake, the Lai number one cleared out of her desk and a monkey towel that I won and use if the sweater is at home.

Why now? Because I’m more responsible than that; I’ve been keeping my apartment organized, so it doesn’t take all day to organize if someone comes over to help make pie. It still needs work, but it’s not as bad as it was.

The locker is a part of me, and the thought of me knowing that it was filled with a lot of junk that could be thrown out motivated me. I’ve been thinking about it for a while, but after nine and a half hours at work I don’t want to stay and play in my locker. I did nine to five the last two days, so I didn’t mind going through it all. Although the company has recorded some sweet footage with the surveillance camera pointed at my locker. A&E would probably pay good money for it.

We were talking about being responsible at work and stepping up to the plate. Accepting the responsibilities that came along to you and some of the sacrifices you have to make. If I ever do get to be QA, there’s going to be a lot of changes, I realize that doing two days of nine to five, and I’m still sitting with a lot of my friends. I know I’ll be giving up a lot, but it’s time to take another step. Even if it falls through, I still made the step forward to take on the responsibility, and accept the changes.

There are two e-mailers on vacation for the next two weeks, so I still have a home on the e-mail team for a while. Hopefully after that there will be some decisions made about my future.

The promises all sound good, I'll work towards it, and I'll believe it when I see it…

2 comments:

  1. I totally don't remember posting this morning, so it's two today, none tomorrow, oh well, 9-5's are going to take a while to get used to if they do start to become regular...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm Christian and I'm your newest follower. Can you add me please?

    Btw, can I invite you in my meme called Saturday Bloopers...Just post anything funny each saturday may it be in form of photo, video or stories of experiences. just check it out in my blog! Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete