Friday, August 13, 2010

Stages


I like how he said “he was in the roommate stage of his life;” like it’s a right-of-passage. Like there are things you learn from certain stages in your life.

There’s so much that I learned from my roommates in university and after. There’s so much of who I am that I learned from them, that there’s no way to repay what they gave me.

There are so many things that I struggled with in my twenties. And people always say you struggle in your twenties to sort out how to be a real person. Well I struggled.

All those things I went through are now pieces of who I am. I don’t want to make any of those experiences any less than what they should be.

Every moment I’ve learned from and it is important to me. Even when I was sick and struggling, the real me was still sorting things out and learning. We need to attract people that give us positive memories and appreciate who we are today because of the experiences we've had.

I have friends like that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment