Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Park Bench


For a while there, I was mixing up anxiety for the need for love. I was feeling all these feelings; so sure that around the corner would be a great guy that would sweep me off my feet, that I would share this massive jumble of emotions with him. I was anxious that I would miss him; that I needed to be outside of my house, outside of myself doing things so we would meet up.

I’ve taken a breath, I’ve been single for a while and I have this feeling that I may be single for a while longer. I’m ok with that. Look at the person I am, what I can do, the friends that I have. I’m ok with being single right now.

That’s a load of anxiety lifted off my shoulders.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you to realized that you should be the best 'you' you can be, no matter the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete