Sunday, August 22, 2010

Just Give Me Time to Learn to Crawl


Caroline had written that she realized she was enough. And I never let it sink in, I though “good for her, I’ve read about that before” and then I let it go. This morning, on the walk to work, listening to Michelle Branch, I thought "Hey, I'm good enough."

Could I be better? Yes, if I had my masters I would be a better writer, if I took more photo classes I would be a better photographer, when I get training for my new position, I'll be better at my job, but right now, I'm good enough. My poems are good enough to mean something to me; my blogging is good enough to mean something to me and some of the people that are around me. Today I'm good enough; I still want and need to crawl forward, learning as I go, but right now I'm good enough. I get it.

That actually opens me up to want to take classes and learn more, there’s less weight on fixing everything right now. Right now is ok; in the future there will be more opportunities. This is nice.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, everything takes practice and time to get better but then again, if you really think about it..the cycle never really ends. Say you get your masters, then some might think I could be better and get my PhD..it never really ends. Enjoy where you're at right now. I know a lot of people that are unemployed and looking desperately for a job and others who still don't own a camera of their own. I would say you're doing just fine : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saying what you did made it sink in even more. I've been sick for a long time, and I've always spent every waking minute fighting, to make it to work, or to hang out friends, or just to wake up, I knew I was lucky to have what I did, but had wasn't satisfied with the moment. The last couple months the "fights" have lessened, the payoff has been great, and there's been more living. Knock on Wood, I'm in a very good place right now and I can enjoy that. Thank you for being part of it.
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The answer is not necessarily more classes but just more practicing as increased competence is its inevitable result.

    ReplyDelete