Friday, August 20, 2010

Grilled Eggplant Salad


•1 small eggplant
•2 tablespoons olive oil
•2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
•2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
•1 pinch each; basil, dill, and oregano
•salt and freshly grated black pepper
Preparation:
Heat grill.
When grill is hot, slice eggplant about 1/2-inch thick. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the oil and vinegar mixture.
Place eggplant on the hot preheated grill. Grill about 5-7 minutes, turning once.
I used a George Foreman grill and chopped them when they were done grilling.

Rest of the salad
2 tomatoes diced
2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes
1 red pepper sliced in 1 inch rounds grilled in the left over oil and vinegar then chopped

Mix together, there is no need for a dressing, the oil and herbs from the grilled veggies works fine.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! So simple but so good! I am also roasting some eggplant right now. I love Mediterranean style food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love eggplant, and getting used to using the grill. I had no intention of buying eggplant yesterday and the grocery store had all these baby ones all purple and shiny and I saw them and I knew I was having grilled eggplant for supper. So yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I just love grilled eggplant!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete