Sunday, June 13, 2010

Perception


It was a very long week. I was in training for new software that is being introduced at work. We spent 7.5 hours a day sitting in front of a computer that blocked the view to the teacher, in a room with no windows (used to be a morgue… I work in the old hospital where I was born) and poor ventilation. One of the teachers was actually my elementary school principal. Do I call him by his first name or do I revert back to age 7 and call him the Mr. that is ingrained in my head? We spent a week being told that if we wanted to order a PIN for example… we hit the “Order PIN” button.

All week I was worried about “The Test.” I’m always worried about how my brain will relate from doing something like clicking options on a computer screen, to writing about it on a piece of paper. (Or when I'm floor support, explaining it to someone.) Everyone was saying there was so much writing. In my imagination I pictured a 20 page test with answers that required stories about the past, present and future. That to me is a lot of writing. When I got the three pages that I could answer in point form I realized my idea of a lot of writing (pages and hours of scribble on lined paper,) and what everyone else thinks is a lot of writing is very different. I feel confident in writing “The Test” and I am not too worried about the result.

It's back to regular work today, and I've been promised I'll forget all I've learned by the time the new software hits the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment