Monday, May 24, 2010

Roasted Mediterranean Veggies



Pat Crocker, The Vegan Cooks Bible.

Preheat Oven to 375 f

2 Zucchini trimmed and chopped into 1 inch pieces
2 large tomatoes chopped into triangles
1 onion quartered or in 6ths
1 eggplant chopped into 1 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 can chickpeas (salted ones taste way better)
2 large potatoes diced
¼ cup wheat free tamari
2-3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
juice from 1 lemon

Wisk all the wet ingredients together in a little bowl.
Mix all other ingredients into a roast pan and drizzle wet stuff over top.
I bake it for over an hour (tonight it's taking over and hour and a half... very old stove)
I check on it and stir it every 20 min.


I’ve held back on putting recipes on this site because I was just going to put my own. Alas, I haven’t been as creative as I thought I might be. As I was blog hopping I realized it’s such a great resource for us to be able to share our favorites. This is my version of this recipe and I love making it. The apartment smells so good when I’m cutting the veggies and as their juices heat and mix in the stove. I started using toasted sesame seed oil this year and love it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I do the same, I love looking at all the recipes at other blogs..it teaches me a lot.
    I also started using sesame oil recently, I put it in everything! : ]

    ReplyDelete