Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Power Of Energy


I don’t believe in heaven. I don’t believe that someday, after … I die… I will be sitting on a cloud drinking Bengal Spice tea with the angels. I don’t mean that in a way that I believe I’m going to hell, I’ve done and thought (mostly thought) some non heaven granting things, but really, in the scheme of things, I think they’re basic sins that can be forgiven.

I’ve seen pictures from archeologists and scientist of human, animal and dinosaur skeletons that are hundreds to millions of years old. When we die our bodies go back into the earth and we are returned bits and pieces. Most of the time, our bones crumble away, sometimes, in rare occasions, they survive for centuries.

What I do believe in is the power of energy that surrounds our body and our ability to affect people while we are alive. Our gifts of friendship that we pass to the people we meet, gets passed on mostly in unspoken ways and we remain in spirit. I believe that we are big balls of energy, that we can transfer this to other people through thoughts and prayers when we’re alive. And that our energy escapes the body when we die. What happens to that energy I haven’t got a clear picture of, I don’t know if it runs free and dissipates like a drop of water in a stream. Or if it all stays together and creates a ghost like entity; like when you walk down the hall way of an old building without air-conditioning and a rush of cold air over takes you. That belief, to me, also leaves the door open to reincarnation. Hopefully I won’t find out too soon, but maybe as I get older the feeling I have about it will get stronger and I’ll be led a little further into believing one thing or the other.

There’s a hopefulness about heaven though, isn’t there? As an example, a few friends have lost their favorite cat companions in the past year and I told them that Roxie would be there to show them around Heaven (most of the other cats wouldn’t put out the effort but Roxie would show them the ins, the outs, how to get the best table scraps and how to get the Gods up at 6 am without being banished to the underworld.) It makes me feel warm and reassured to think and tell stories about a place like heaven, but I think that science and my heart gives me another answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment