Friday, May 21, 2010

Gift of Asking


There are a lot of life coaches who say “if you want something, write it down.” So I write in my journal everyday: of dreams, wants emotions, I write because it makes it real and I can look back at it and remember where I’ve been and how far I’ve come. This year, and I know it’s early, I was inspired to write a Christmas list and I started with a few books of poets I wanted. (I’ve started buying gifts for people, for Christmas, as well.)

And a few days later I was awarded a gift certificate worth $50 from a place of my choosing. I chose the bookstore and ordered two books that I had on my list. They are poetry books, so had to be ordered sight unseen. Now, they are in and there is great anticipation about whether I will like them or be disappointed. But what a gift the universe gave me when I asked.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the reminder...I have such a hard time asking. I feel selfish to ask...especially when so many suffer. But we do have a right to happiness and goodness. So glad you asked and received!

    ReplyDelete