Friday, April 16, 2010

in my life

I have Sarah Kramer on my Facebook. She’s written two of the cookbooks I own. Usually, when I look for cookbooks they’re Vegan, that way there’s not any meat (I make my tuna, my salmon, and my eggs the same way all the time, so I don’t need a cookbook for that) So far, it’s been pretty easy to substitute g-free flour for regular, and I waste so much money on recipes that include dairy if I buy a vegetarian cookbook.

So Sarah Kramer is a vegan. I have never tried to be a vegan, I have tried to go a day without any animal products and by the night time I’m tired and weak and cranky and I usually end up downing a can of tuna or frying some over easy eggs and dip the solid white part into the runny yellow part. Yum.

Today I was looking at the people who commented on her status. It wasn’t anything earth shattering. It was just about IKEA furniture and I wondered: Do they feel the same tiredness and crankiness I do when I go a day without meat? Is that a sacrifice they are willing to make to not eat animals or animal products? What sacrifices have I made in my life that I don’t even know about?

It can be noted that Sarah Kramer never seems to be running out of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment