Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Can I enjoy dreams and not have them stress me out?

This morning I had a dream that I was back at The Museum and at The Hotel I worked at 10 years ago. There were so many things happening and I was suffering the many emotions my dreams have. I wasn’t dressed right at the hotel and that was stressing me out. I don’t think I even had shoes or socks. I was catering and cleaning both and I didn’t finish either job because I had a ride home with my mom.
Then I was a new hire at The Museum and I know I didn’t have shoes or socks for that. I was hired at the end of the season and I was getting a tour because it had been so long since I had been there. This museum wasn’t boring, there were more working boats and a train and rooms and rooms of artifacts. I was going to enjoy being there. Fellow workers were even discussing adding an extra floor; apparently it was build structurally sound enough, who knew? I walked between boats, had conversations with friends new and old. I felt happy and excited. They asked me what I would do as this job was only part time. And I looked at the catering boss, who was also at the museum, and said I have a few leads right S___? Rather than feeling embarrassed or scared, I realized in this dream that I don’t have to take dreams so seriously. I had the freedom to run around with no shoes on, to work wherever I liked and leave whenever I liked. I was still emotionally drained when I woke up, but there was a sense of relief that I could have these dreams and enjoy them the way they happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment